Assault and Battery Defense Attorneys
Assault and battery charges can arise from a broad range of incidents. From domestic violence altercations between two well-acquainted people to shooting, punching, and stabbing incidents in alleyways or bars. Regardless of the circumstances of these sorts of charges, the St. Louis assault and battery defense attorneys at Rogers Sevastianos & Bante, LLP, can provide effective and aggressive legal assistance.
We have handled cases for a broad range of clients, including nationally renowned sports figures and other high-profile individuals and cases. For instance:
- We recently defended a local professional accused of assaulting a prospective employee. We successfully demonstrated to the jury that the accuser’s hysterical voice-recorded accusations were inconsistent with other facts of the case, resulting in a win.
- We recently defended an individual who was involved in a fist fight in a bar that led to a fatality. We successfully argued that our client made the fatal punch in self defense.
To schedule a FREE case evaluation with one of our experienced St. Louis criminal defense attorneys call our office today at 314-354-8484 or contact us online.
A Missouri Assault and Battery Conviction Can Result in Serious Legal and Extralegal Consequences
If you have been accused of assault in the St. Louis area, it is important to be aware of the fact that a conviction could result in extremely serious legal penalties. Some of the potential consequences for an assault conviction in Missouri include:
- Significant fines
- Mandatory anger management classes
- An order requiring you to stay away from the victim
- Jail time, varying in length
While these legal consequences of an assault conviction are certainly serious and should be avoided at all costs, the extralegal consequences of one can last longer and have a more significant impact on your life than those imposed by the court. Typically, a conviction is part of the public record, meaning that it can be found by anyone who has enough curiosity and knows where to look. Some of the specific issues that can arise as a result of an assault conviction include the following:
- Difficulty Getting a Job – More and more employers are making a criminal background check a standard part of the hiring process. Conviction of a violent crime such as assault can raise red flags for potential employers and may make it very difficult to secure employment.
- Difficulty Renting an Apartment – Landlords regularly conduct background checks on people who want to rent their apartments or homes and may not want to rent to someone who has been convicted of a violent crime.
- Sanctions Imposed by Your School or Work – If you are currently employed or attending school, an assault conviction could result in sanctions being imposed by your employer or the school’s administration, including those as serious as expulsion or termination.
Call Us Today to Schedule a Free Consultation with a St. Louis Assault Defense Lawyer
Often assault and battery charges involve the flaring of tempers or simple self defense. We can fully investigate your case and draw on our 50+ years of combined experience to prepare an effective defense. To schedule a no-charge consultation with a firm that has handled more than 200 jury trials, contact Rogers Sevastianos & Bante, LLP.
$1.8 million Settlement St. Louis University agreed to pay the United States $1.8 million in…