How To Protect Your Rights After An Accident Involving A Bus, Van Or Delivery Vehicle
If you have been injured or if your loved one has been injured or killed in a bus accident, we urge you to keep in mind that time is of the essence for several reasons:
- You may be in shock and not discover the extent of your injuries and pain until the next day or later. It is critical to get prompt medical attention.
- Whether it is a school bus, a MetroBus, a Greyhound bus or a chartered bus, the bus company will likely send defense lawyers to the scene right away.
- An insurance company representative may offer you cash or a check right away in exchange for your signature. Please get legal advice or you may limit your right to recover the compensation you deserve.
- People in charge of the bus and/or the road it is on will likely remove all evidence of what happened as soon as possible.
- Even if multiple people have been injured in the same crash, each will have a unique case. Injuries, lost wages and other factors are individualized after a bus crash. Beware of any efforts made by the bus company to offer all of you the same amount of compensation.
With our personal injury lawyers at Rogers Sevastianos & Bante LLP on your side, we can get an investigation started right away. We can help ensure that you get medical care now while retaining your legal rights.
After A Crash Involving A Shuttle Van, Delivery Truck Or Another Commercial Vehicle
The same principles described above for bus accidents may also apply in the case of a crash involving a casino, airport or assisted living shuttle van, a delivery truck, a utility truck or any other commercial vehicle. Complex insurance coverage issues may come into play and aggressive defense lawyers may put up obstacles to your recovery. Local, state and federal laws and regulations may reveal errors and omissions of liable parties, such as the driver, dispatcher or company in charge. Timely legal counsel is critical to your overall recovery prospects.
We are accomplished trial lawyers who fight for our clients’ well-being after they have suffered injuries or lost loved ones in accidents due to negligence. Let us explain how we can help maximize the compensation you need and should receive after suffering injuries or losses because of a bus, van or delivery truck accident. Call our St. Louis bus accident lawyers at 314-884-8991 or complete an online inquiry form to request your free consultation.