The Legal Help You Deserve Following An Accident
The legal complications of a motor vehicle accident can drastically add to your stress, particularly if you also have a serious injury. You deserve the counsel of attorneys who have handled many other accident cases and know what to do to help you.
You can turn to our competent team at Rogers Sevastianos & Bante LLP. With more than 100 years of combined legal experience, we serve clients on both the Missouri and Illinois sides of St. Louis.
We handle all varieties of motor vehicle accidents including:
- Car crashes
- Commercial truck accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Bicycle and pedestrian accidents
- Rideshare accidents
- Wrongful death
Since we also handle criminal defense and family law, we can help you if your case overlaps with these practice areas. For example, if the other driver faces criminal charges for their actions, or if the strain of your accident has led you to consider divorce.
What Do I Do If I Am Injured In A Motor Vehicle Accident?
If you are physically able to do so after a crash, capture as much evidence as possible:
- Take Photos – Photograph the damage to ALL cars and where they are in relation to the roadway. Photograph the scene of the wreck. Take closeups of the damage and photos that show the entire vehicle, paying attention to shadow and lighting. Take the same shot standing straight up and squatting down. Capture tire/skid marks and debris.
- Do Not Move Or Start Your Vehicle – In serious collisions, do NOT move your vehicle or allow the car to be started: this preserves the data from the computers that are on virtually every vehicle.
- Seek Medical Care – You also need to seek medical care immediately
- Do Not Make A Statement Or Post About The Accident – do not make a statement to anyone – or a post on any social media about the wreck. These statements and posts will be contorted out of context in the adversarial process that is a part of every insurance claim.
- Hire A Personal Injury Attorney – hire a lawyer who is seasoned at handling these cases through trial; the best lawyers prepare cases as if they are going to trial and do not cut corners because they have no real intention to take a claim that far when they are hired. Excellent trial prep yields excellent results at trial or at the settlement table: because it presents insurance companies with greater risk of full and complete compensation – not the half justice too many lesser lawyers are happy to accept.
What Types Of Compensation Can I Recover?
There are several varieties of compensation available for the survivors of car crashes or the relatives of someone who passed away in a crash. Some of these include:
- Hospital bills
- Physical therapy
- Prescription medications
- Lost wages
- Loss of earning potential
- Burial costs
- Pain and suffering
We will help you explore every option available to you. When it comes to personal injury claims, we are determined to recover fair and just compensation through our creative strategies.
Will I Be Compensated For Pain And Suffering After A Car Accident?
Yes, pain and suffering are two of the many factors that influence compensation in car accident litigation. Pain and suffering falls under the category of “noneconomic damages,” since it is not tied to an objective cost capable of quantification, like medical bills or property damage.
There are several ways to calculate pain and suffering damages, but it is not an exact science. In a jury trial, we tell your story – one that is specifically tailored to your claim. We ask jurors to consider factors such as inconvenience, a loss of enjoyment of life, long-term or permanent disability, or how/whether your relationships will be impacted and how/whether your daily life will be significantly altered as a result of your injuries. In short, we help jurors understand what was taken from you, so that you get full and fair compensation, and not a penny less. As experienced trial attorneys, we can help you calculate pain and suffering damages in a way that accurately reflects the losses you’ve suffered.
Building Long-Lasting Relationships
We do much more than simply file papers for you. We take the time to build relationships with our clients so we can help you with any long-term legal issues you face. You will have us at your side today, tomorrow and well into the future.
Contact Us For The Caring Legal Help You Need
When you need experienced counsel to assist you with every step of your injury claim, Rogers Sevastianos & Bante LLP is ready. You can contact us to schedule a free initial consultation. Please call 314-884-8991 or send us an email today.